Still the only all metal UL today!
Introduction to the UltraCruiser
FAR Part 103 Compliant
The UltraCruiser was designed as the first all metal ultra light in 1998. First flights were in 2000. First plan sales were in 2001. Intended for first time buiders as well as first time pilots, the UltraCruiser is an easy to build and even easier to fly aircraft.
The design can be built straight from plans up to, and including a full kit. The kit includes predrilled laser cut components. All parts are formed prebent, or welded. Wheels, tires, brakes, harness, and even the seat cushion is included. Wing Spar is pre-assembled. The kit is very complete. Everthing is included to complete the aircraft less the engine, prop, spinner, and instruments.
UltraCruiser Features and Specs
- The UltraCruiser is a Part 103 legal all metal ultralight
- Detachable wings for easy storage
- Very docile, easy to fly
- Excellent performance with 37 hp engine
- Full size parts shown on plans
- Very comfortable for long flights
- 6.5 ft. track and low CG for improved ground handling
- Many building options with customer support
- Full size Parts on (29) 24″x36″ CAD drawn pages.
- Available as plans built, kit built or anything in between.
- 4 cycle reliability with the 1/2 VW Hummel engine
- Tri-gear option on plans. (Too heavy for Part103)
- Canopy option (Also a bit too heavy for Part103)
|Wing Span||7.62 m||22.5 ft|
|Wing Area||10.4 m2||101 ft2|
|Wing Loading||22.65 kg/m2||5.4 lbs/ft2|
|Length||4.87 m||16 ft|
|Empty Weight||114-123 kg||252-270 lbs|
|Gross Weight||227 kg||575 lbs|
|VNE Speed||152 km/h||95 mph|
|Cruise||97-137 km/h||60-85 mph|
|Stall||46-52 km/h||28-32 mph|
|Take Off Distance||46 m||150 ft|
|Take Off Over 50′ Obstacle||92 m||300 ft|
|Rate Of Climb||152-305 m/min||500-1000 ft/min|
|Landing Distance||92 m||300 ft|
|Fuel Capacity||18.9-30 L||5-8 Gal|
|Fuel Consumption||5.6-7.6 L/Hr||1.5-2.0 Gal/Hr|
Visit our online store for UltraCruiser parts, plans, and kits.
and you will hear a love story.”